Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dolce Gallery Finally Goes Live



I used to have a really bad habit of taking my camera with me to clubs in SF and never getting around to cropping and posting the images I shot. So I try to take advantage of the winter weather to dig into the archives and post galleries from the past. So today I'm finally posting a link to a gallery from Dolce.

Dolce was a lounge-type bar in North Beach that myself, Jarvis, Craig and Bernie used to visit on a fairly frequent basis. It really wasn't anything special other than the fact that I was friends with the promoters who owned the venue and it attracted a good-looking crowd. Plus North Beach was the closest thing SF had to a true nightlife district, which always made for an adventure.

Dolce has since closed and has now reopened as Apartment 24. The Apt24 concept is essentially what a "rock-star's condo" would be like. I can't really say I'm surprised Dolce closed. While the web site suggested it was a unique club experience, there was nothing that set it apart from other venues. The music was the same. The decor was rather bland and like many SF venues, people got tired of it. I suspect Apt. 24 will follow a similar path.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home