Thursday, December 18, 2008

No Walk in The Park



So yesterday I got together with a group of friends to spend an evening out on the town at The Park at Fourteenth. This was my first visit to this K Street District club and I can't say I was overly impressed. Have you ever built something up in your head to the point that you were totally excited about it and yet it somehow fell way short? Well that's the best way to describe my experience at The Park's holiday party. I felt like a disappointed kid on Christmas morning who didn't get the gift he really, really wanted!

All I really wanted was a decent night at a new club. What I got was a VIP table that we couldn't sit at until 10:30, only to find out it was occupied by 8 people when we were finally taken to the 4th floor. We got a guest list that only had my name on it and so my guests had to stand outside and hope the doorman would finally let them in. And we got a club that was more interested in being a sports bar, with flat screen TVs tuned to NBA games all throughout the venue.

Overall I had an absolutely great time despite my disappointment with the venue. But my enjoyment came strictly from the people I spent my evening with (Dan, Matt, Rob, Lindsay, Lily, Gayle and others). We played Blackjack at several tables, acted silly like usual and Lily and I even busted out some Lindy Hop. So the evening was a success as far as I'm concerned. The following are photos from the evening...















Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, December 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. We didn't know Dan was from New Jersey.
2. The women. How much for the women? We want to buy your women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home