Friday, November 28, 2008

Orphans Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving 2008 was an enjoyable celebration of friends and family here in Washington, DC. The day kicked off with Dan Kelly and I running in the 7th Annual Thanksgiving Day Trot for Hunger along the Potomac River here in DC. It was a very chilly morning but I was able to post my best 5K time of 26:55 with a pace of 8:40 per mile. I know, it's nothing close to our mayor who ran a staggering 5:53 pace, but it was also my first race in over two years.

We followed our morning run with a day of food, drinks and festivities at the Mt. Vernon Square condo for our first annual "Orphans Thanksgiving." I know, I wasn't an orphan because my parents drove over from Delaware, but we rented a few for the afternoon who remained in town. Those in attendance were Mama and Papa Van Sant, Dan Kelly, Courtney Ruff, Ben Rich, Michelle Gao, Manuel Ferdinandus, Jose Galdamez, Dan Ye and Caroline Seipp. We ate lots and lots of food, drank lots of wine and coffee and even found a way to bust out some lindy hop. Thank you all for coming out and making Thanksgiving 2008 a special day!

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, December 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a bunch of drunks to me.

 
At 8:02 PM, December 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The women. We want to buy the women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home