Friday, November 28, 2008

A Chilly Night in Pittsburgh

Downtown Pittsburgh

The picture above comes from a very chilly night in Pittsburgh, PA. I took a trip up to the steel city with Manuel Ferdinandus to attend the PittStop Lindy Hop exchange from November 21st-23rd. As exchanges go, PittStop was a very well run and enjoyable event. But my weekend was soured a bit by other circumstances.

The first sour grapes incident was when Manny arrived to my apartment and I noticed my bike had been stolen from the basement. Mind you, this is a secure building with a "secure" garage. My bike was locked to the wall and yet that was no match for the thief and a lock cutter.

My second sour grapes incident happened just after I took the above shot. You all know I love to shoot cities. It was so damn cold in Pittsburgh all weekend that I hadn't had a chance to actually go out and shoot. So I pulled myself away from the dancing early Saturday evening to get my "traditional" city skyline shot. I had already scoped out a great location to shoot from the north side looking across the Allegheny River at the downtown cityscape. I got one shot, tried to move my tripod and then snap! I looked down and one of the legs had completely snapped in half. Are you f*%king kidding me! FUDGE!!!

Anyhow, the one shot I got turned out half-way decent so here it is. Enjoy. I'm off to buy a new tripod. Preferably one that doesn't break in cold weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home