Monday, February 09, 2009

Hot Corsten Set Ushers in Warmer Weather



Well it seems as though the depths of winter just might be behind us for awhile. I got to walk all the way into the office this morning for the first time in what seemed like several weeks. In fact, the last time I actually walked the mile to my office was inauguration day when my metro station was closed. I know, I know... 1 mile is nothing to walk. Trust me, I love my morning stroll into the office. But when the weather hits below 20 degrees, my nose and ears just can't take it.

And it seems only fitting that this warmer weather made its debut the same weekend Ferry Corsten rocked the house at FUR Nightclub.

As you'll see from the photos in this post, I was lucky to get on the guest list and shoot for TrenDC and Club Glow. I've been shooting photos of DJs and clubs for several years now and slowly but surely I'm checking off a list of every top DJ in the world. Ferry Corsten is currently the #7 rated DJ in the world and is one of the biggest names in trance. Having a chance to add one of his energetic sets to my resume was a very big deal for me.

Many of my friends aren't really into electronic music or understand the draw of such an artist. I can't really explain why the music and energy drives my passion so much or why these DJs are so popular around the world. But there is a moment in a club when you realize you're no longer just a guest in a nightlife venue...but are now part of something bigger. The only thing I can compare it to is when you're at a major concert and everyone, the music, the crowd, the atmosphere becomes one.

Ferry Corsten hadn't even touched the mixer before the crowd started going nuts. That was my cue to move toward the DJ booth. When I got fully inside the DJ booth, I was greeted to a club full of dance music zealots all with their hands in the air and all screaming as if Beyonce just walked on stage with her dance crew. This is that moment. Its that moment where everyone in that club and their energy fully hinged on Ferry's next move with the turn tables. When the beat dropped...the crowd melted into a rhythmic frenzy that ebbed and flowed in the direction of the music. Shooting photos in a scene like that is one of the coolest things a fan of this music can do. You can literally sit there and watch this DJ take every person on a ride they most likely won't forget for a very long time. And Ferry has an energy about his style and persona that only multiplies any emotion you have for this style of dance music.

I'll eventually have all the photos posted on the site. But for now here are a few more...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home