Saturday, February 18, 2006

Stinky campers have arrived



Yes kids, it's a glorious day in Oaktown. The stinky camper has arrived in Jack London Square. And you don't have to go very far to see it.

Starting last Sunday, the stinky camper phenomena had pulled right up to the curb out in front of my apartment. It sat quietly in the neighborhood until Friday and then moved to the other side of the building, where it still sits.

So what is the stinky camper phenomena? Truthfully, I have no clue. Kelly and I started noticing random old campers along our bike routes. I'm not talking one or two just parked on the road. I'd bet we'd see 10 or 15 campers along the two mile stretch of Embarcadero from our apartment to Coast Guard Island...on a daily basis. But the preculiar thing is, these campers stink and they have people living in them.

As far as we know, they are basically homeless people. They have more than likely come on hard times and just sold everything. But there is much to learn about the stinky camper. I plan to follow up this blog with a photo gallery documenting the stinky camper...but I also plan to sit down with one of the stinky camper owners. I'm curious to learn more and hear the story behind this phenomena. So stay tuned for the story of the stinky camper.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, February 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the stink wafting up to your balcony? My goodness! I'm standing by for more on this story...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home