Thursday, December 29, 2005

Caught my eye

It has been a few days since I posted and wanted to give everyone a quick update on what's happening in the life of the Van Sant family. We had a very cool Christmas, spent time with some of Kelly's family and basically relaxed as much as possible. Of course, Kel and I both played with our new toys the majority of the time (SLR camera for me and laptop for Kel).

But after the holiday weekend we both reluctantly went back to work and got back into the swing of our normal routine. Fortunately we both had Monday off and Kel is moving back into a dayshift schedule for a few weeks.

Now, you know I have tons to write about in the coming days, with all the crazy things going on in our political world and such. But I wanted to highlight something that caught my eye.

I came across a very cool little cafe in downtown yesterday. It's called Z Cafe and is located just off Broadway here in Oakland. I took my truck to the dealership yesterday to get some minor work done. Typically I hate taking my vehicle into a shop, cause you sit there in some stale waiting room watching crappy TV soap reruns. So I ask if the place is wireless. The guy says it is, and also offers the restaurant if I was interested in getting something to eat. I figure this is a restaurant nearby. He says "no, it's in the building."

At this point, I'm starting to think this isn't going to be so bad after all. I walk through the showroom and find a very cool little cafe that is separate from the actual car dealership. They have a beautiful bar, cafe tables throughout and even outdoor seating. I order some breakfast and a cup of coffee and quickly log into their WiFi. Original art dons the walls, jazz music plays over the sound system and the food was darn good!

This will forever change the way I view taking my car in for servicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home