Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thinking About Lindy Hop

Lindy Focus

So I thought about posting this photo in the "Random Photo of the Day" section but there was just too much of a story to go with it.

I just returned from Lindy Fest in Houston and was greeted by this photo waiting for me in my inbox from my buddy Stephen Grimes. The photo comes from Lindy Focus, which a large group of us attended in Asheville, NC over the New Year's weekend. I honestly can't recall which night the photo was taken, but the band performing was our favorite Boilermaker Jazz Band.

What makes this photo so absolutely hilarious was the fact that we noticed this cat walking around with the Boilermaker t-shirt. As James 'Droz' Andrews (Jeremy Piven) says in the movie PCU, "Gutter, don't be that guy. Don't be the guy who wears the shirt of the band you're going to see!"

Seeing this as a photo opportunity, Stephen and I put on our best rock-on pose with the guy wearing the shirt of the band he's going to see.

...I just love the stain in the middle of his shirt. Priceless!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, March 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., you, the guy on the left, what is that finger sign you're pointing at the guy in the middle. I see yutes doing this at ball games, beach parties, convenience store break-ins, sometimes holding the hand sideways, sometimes upside down...
Does anybody know what it means if anything, or are all them know-it-all yutes doing it because they saw someone else do it and it's the in thing to do, and they have no idea what it means?
Please advise.

 
At 7:54 PM, March 28, 2009, Blogger Mommers said...

Gosh, old guy, that was eyeopening! I haven't thought about it before, but, I'd like to know what it means as well. I see it everyday from my students but have never understood. Guess I was to embarassed to ask....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home