Sunday, March 09, 2008

Traffic Control



Since we're on the topic of annoying habits of people in transit, let me opine about another phenomenon. This one deals with Metro pedestrian traffic.

Have you ever tried to get on a train at the Navy Yard station in the morning? It can be quite an adventure if you time it correctly (or should I say incorrectly). You see, we have the very large government bureaucracy in this neighborhood known as the Department of Transportation. And the DOT has several thousand employees who commute via Metro every morning. Let me make it clear, I have no problems with the DOT or the fact that so many are coming to my neighborhood to work each day. I embrace the vitality such an employer brings to what was once a downtrodden neighborhood. But for the love of god, let those trying to get down to the trains have some space on the stairs.

I've never seen so many rude people, all rushing up the steps in pursuit of a cubicle unaware that others are trying to get to jobs elsewhere in the city. I watched a man nearly knock an elderly woman over because he didn't want to move. They have an up-escalator just for you chappy! Use it next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home