Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Feeling some love in SF



I recently launched my gallery of the 2006 Lovefest in San Francisco. And now it's time to tell you all about it.

Lovefest is actually a renamed form of the Berlin staple "Love Parade." It's basically a dance music festival that starts at one end of Market Street, parades through the city and ends at City Hall. Once at City Hall, the parade turns into an actual festival with multiple stages, exhibits and exhibitionists. Yeah, it's interesting.

I missed the parade last year, so I was determined to make it this time. I got a press pass from the Lovefest PR department and took my buddy Bernie into an abyss of rave scene theatrics. We saw cats with wings, sexy female pirates, go-go dancers, guys on stilts and the random naked dude. You see, in SF it's all the old guys who like to walk around nude. I saw the occasional thong on the females, but nothing like the bronzed guy with a cock-ring. Don't worry; I didn't photograph that particular scene.

The day was beautiful and offered me a great chance to keep trying my hand at people shots. I had just purchased my new Nikon D80 and was ready to roll. I think the photos show I had a blast and really started getting into capturing the personality of my subjects.

Check out the gallery and please let me know what you think. And don't forget, you can purchase any of these photos. If you happen to see yourself in there, fill out the form and we'll set you up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home