Monday, February 12, 2007

Dancing Glen Echo style



Hello blog friends. As you see, I'm trying to be a bit more active with this photo blog so you can see what's going on in the life of Doug and Kel. Keep coming back here because if something catches my eye, I'll grab a photo and post it here to tell you about it.

Since we are on the topic of weekend activities, I was able to attend another swing dance event at the Spanish Ballroom at Glen Echo Park. These swing dance events happen once or twice a month and draw anywhere from 300 to 700 people. They truly are the largest swing dance parties I have ever seen.



I snapped these two photos while I was there so Kelly could see what she has to look forward to when she moves to DC. The events have different sponsors and feature live bands from all around the DC, Philly and NYC metro areas. Not to mention, these events also attract some of the best dancers from as far as Ohio and Florida. Check out this video from the Jam Cellar event a few weeks back that featured a dance contest.

So as you can see, even though I moved from the hotbed of swing in California, I've found a home to perfect my Lindy hopping skills here in our nations capital. By the way, I'm taking private lessons starting at the end of February from the couple that won the above contest. Will Kel and I be featured in a dance contest like this one above one day...count on it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home