Sunday, March 09, 2008

Wandering Aimlessly



I've started to notice a phenomenon around DC I like to call the wanderer. It's when you're walking along and a person is walking in front of you but is unaware of their surroundings and/or the people nearby. This "wanderer" typically moves from left to right and back without even noticing. They're obviously going somewhere, but it's as if they're lost in their own iPod world and drift from side to side.

I decided I had to write about this after Kel and I had a wanderer almost walk us off the platform of the Metro. I mean, I really can't believe that many people in this city are without the use of peripheral vision.

In a word, get off your cell phone, stop playing with your new iPod, quit reading your darn book and pay attention to your surroundings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home