Friday, October 23, 2009

Miami Sound in Vegas

AARP's Vegas@50 has been pretty exciting so far. Going into the event, I really had no idea what to expect. I knew it would attract a ton of people and the schedule would be packed, but wow! Day one kicked off with an opening session with our CEO A. Barry Rand delivering a great speech on health care reform. Magic Johnson became an official member of AARP and received his membership card. And the evening highlight was a concert with Gloria Estefan.

We were incredibly tired from the full day of activities and coverage, but I'd have to say the concert was my favorite part of the day. Brian and I were the only photographers allowed to shoot and so we had the best seats in the house. And just prior to the concert we got word that celebrity blogger and TV personality Perez Hilton would be showing up.

Near the end of the concert, our PR director grabbed me and practically threw me on stage because Perez and his mom were dancing with Gloria. It made for some awesome photography.

And the best part was getting my picture taken with Gloria after the concert. I mean, how could you not enjoy a night like that? Below are a few more photos from the concert. Enjoy...







Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, October 25, 2009, Blogger Mommers said...

Cool pic with Gloria, Doug! But... I think if I were you when pushed up onto the stage, I would have pushed perez hilton off onto the floor. Sorry, but to me he is not a nice person

 
At 12:00 PM, October 27, 2009, Blogger Hilary Mercer said...

That's awesome. Gloria was my idol as a kid!

 
At 9:34 PM, October 27, 2009, Blogger Mommers said...

Thanks, Coach! That jerk reported that Jaclyn Smith was dead, unbeknownst to her family! She's not dead. perez hilton is a prime example of what is bad, wrong, uninformed, uneducated, uncaring, immoral, backwards, stupidly starstruck, prolly doesn't even realize his unearned fortunes and I could go on and on and on, but as they say in Ohio, this is not the time or place. Hey, hp, give me a call, I'll set you straight, ha, sorry for the pun! Urban Marinade, I will understand if you do not allow this post. I guess I've just had enough of this uneducated adolation of those idiots on the worst coast.

 
At 12:20 AM, October 29, 2009, Anonymous dc iconoclast said...

What the hell is a "celebrity blogger?" We know what else that Perez creep is, but how does that qualify one to become a rich and famous "tv personality?"

 
At 1:32 AM, October 29, 2009, Blogger DVS said...

Wow, you all are pretty harsh on Mr. Perez Hilton.

Here's the deal, the guy might not be a great writer. He might not be a great editor. And yes, he obviously isn't winning awards for fact-checking.

But Perez jumped into a market that was open for him and his brash style of writing. He clearly has an audience, which is why he's become so famous.

I personally appreciate his reckless approach in tearing down the egomaniacal celebrities who think their poo doesn't stink.

He's like the online version of being tarred and feathered for most celebrities and I think he says a lot of what most of us want to say about Hollywood.

 
At 7:13 PM, October 30, 2009, Blogger Mommers said...

Ok, Doug, I know you are the voice of reason, BUT, perez hilton is still an a**. If he is filling a void, then someone else needs to step up to the plate and refill the void, thus voiding ph! Come on, he reported that Jaclyn Smith was dead! I think it's kind of sad that such an a** is getting rewarded for being an a**!!!!! But, cool pic with Gloria!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home