Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Was Running...

Those of you who know me fairly well and keep in touch know that two weeks ago I began running every morning. This has actually been a lot easier than I expected and now something I actually look forward to when my alarm goes off. The fact was, with work, dancing and lifting weights, it left very little time for me to concentrate on my cardio. So it seemed like a smart idea to actually go to bed an hour or two earlier and get my run in before work. So far so good! I'm averaging 3 miles each morning and get to run past some of our nations most familiar icons. And my work day is filled with so much more energy it's insane!

Well recently I came across an email about a running club at the new Lululemon store on P Street across from the Whole Foods near Logan Circle. I decided this week I would check it out and push myself to run a bit longer than I normally do. Now I don't typically pimp out retail stores on my blog. I'll go to clubs and restaurants and tell you what I like and dislike, but retail has been an animal I've typically left alone. But I've got to say, this running club and the staff at Lululemon who run it are awesome! We did our run from the store down around the mall and returned to stretch, do some ab work and enjoy free bananas. The thing that I really liked about all of this was it seemed like a genuine effort to reach out to the neighborhood. There was no sneaky side-arm tactic to get you to buy things. It was simply people who enjoy running getting others to run with them. I'll most certainly be back next week!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, July 15, 2009, Blogger Elyse said...

We love having you join us for run club!! I am glad you enjoy the runs/ abs/ and bananas! -Elyse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home