Monday, June 22, 2009

Boring Sunday Afternoon


Boy was it a boring Sunday yesterday! I mean, gosh... all I did was go trapezing and eat burgers at the No. 1 burger joint in the DC region. I'm kidding of course. It was hardly a boring day at all. In fact, to quote May Kanti, it was probably one of the best weekends ever.

My Sunday start was fairly typical with cats, a cup of coffee and lounging. But I got moving quickly and met up with Sup, May and Michele Maxson for a day of trapeze. Yes, we signed up for a class with Trapeze School New York, a high-wire act school that has outposts in DC, LA and Boston. The first class taught us the knee hang, flip dismount and a standard catch. The photo above is Sup being successfully caught near the end of the class.

I can't tell you how much fun this was. I was definitely nervous the first time up because you're suddenly throwing your body into a situation it's not really used to. Swinging from a trapeze looks fairly easy, but it's a little different when you find yourself 50 ft. above the ground ready to go. But it was probably one of the most addictive activities I've done since getting into dancing. And because of that, Sup and I have already signed up for two more classes.

There is video on Facebook and hopefully I'll have something to post real soon.

And like all great activities, trapezing makes you hungry. So Sup, May, myself and my roommate Jon all jumped into the car and set off for Ray's Hell Burger. I had heard these burgers were no joke and the place was winning all sorts of awards. Our own president even made his way there one afternoon, so it was only natural for me to want to try it. Below is what I ordered... a standard hamburger with Vermont white cheddar cheese and a side of mac & cheese.


Below is what was left...


A very happy and full Sup...


Apparently a delicious Ray's Hell Burger makes you act silly and make faces, courtesy of May and Sup...



So yeah, a typical Sunday turned into a high-flying trapeze act, burger consuming afternoon. Or as I like to call it "one of the best weekends ever!"

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, June 22, 2009, Anonymous Kim B said...

Sounds like fun! I'll have to try it out sometime... the burger, that is, not the trapeze.

 
At 12:09 AM, June 25, 2009, Anonymous dc iconoclast said...

Boylan's Sodie Pop. Good choice. Also available in discerning joints on the better side of the bay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home