Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Incoming...Minor Pet Peeve Rant



I'm not really sure when this particular societal habit began to annoy me, but I had to address it in words today. I can't stand people that try to cross a busy street prematurely. I must see this attempted about 20 times a day and almost every time is met with a sudden rush back to the curb as a city cab goes speeding by.

Crosswalks in DC have flashing walk/don't walk signs. They even count down for crying out loud. They aren't put there to be cute ambient city ornaments for tourists to look at funny. They are there to protect you and ideally save your life from a bus driver who's texting his buddies about the previous nights Redskins game.

Let me put it bluntly...I don't want to see your sorry dead ass on the concrete in front of me because you couldn't be patient enough to wait 20 seconds.

Okay, now I feel better. Now let's all go for a walk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home