Friday, December 02, 2005

Mr. Kerzman comes to town

Yeah, I know what you're thinking...this dude is slow with the updates. Tell me about it! I've been walking in and out of my apartment the last week saying I need to add to this blog. But each night comes and goes and I find myself going to bed without any new verbage. No worries, I'm still here though. And boy do we have lots to tell you about.

Nick Kerzman, my good friend from Tampa, flew into town for a few days over the Thanksgiving holiday. He arrived Wednesday afternoon and stayed through Saturday morning. It was a quick trip but we made sure he got his fill of our SF lifestyle.

I won't go into every single detail just yet, cause you'd be reading half the night. So let us just begin with the first night for now and then we can carry on later.



So Nick arrives on Wednesday around 2ish into SFO. After exchanging hugs and butt pats we head on. Kelly and I drive Nick back through San Francisco so he can get his first view of our city's skyline. Needless to say, he got to stare at it for about an hour as we sat in traffic. But the conversation was fluid as old friends were able to spend some time catching up.

After a quick visit to the grocery store, we went home to relax for about an hour before our guys night out. One of Nick's first comments about the area was how diverse it was. I mean, it's no joke kids. We have people of all backgrounds literally in every neighborhood you go into. You can drive down any street in Oakland or SF and see restaurants from every corner of the world. Kelly and I recently had our first taste of Eritrean cuisine.

Anyhow, I decided to just stick with basics on Nick's first night in town. Myself, Nick, Greg Norte, and Bernie Auth took the BART into the city for dinner at Gordon Biersch. After enjoying fresh made beers and an amazing dinner, we took off on Muni for Union Square. Our destination was a VIP table at Ruby Skye.



Now, Nick is no stranger to good nightclubs. He's been inside the best Chicago, Miami and China has to offer. But after a few brief seconds inside SF's most lavish club, Nick claimed the sound was one of the best he's ever heard. Not too shabby eh!

So here we are, enjoying some of the best sound a club can pump out, a VIP table with bottle service and the company of good friends. The only thing left is to have Markus Schulz go on stage and perform a sick DJ set. And you know he did! But we're not there just yet. After we got settled into the VIP area with our bottle and drinks, Nick wanders off to take in the essence of Ruby. I hang by the bar and put out the vibe, only to see our friend Greg asleep on one of the luxury chaise lounges.

Now don't get all crazy just yet about someone falling asleep in a club. I've seen this happen more often than you think...only it's usually alcohol taking effect. No, Greg wasn't drunk. Poor dude was downright tired! He gets up every single day at like 4 a.m. and so once 9 p.m. hits, it's usually bedtime. Yet here we are keeping my boy up well into the nocturnal hours.



So around 1 a.m., Greg decides his bed would be much more comfy than the VIP suite. He heads for the door and grabs a cab home. We definitely missed you Greg! But it wasn't long after that, Nick, myself and Bernie made our way on stage to start taking photos.

The night really hit it's peak when Nick is on one side of the DJ booth and I'm on the other, both taking photos while Bernie danced with the Ruby Skye go go dancers. I'm listening to one of the greatest dark trance sets in my life when I hear the crowd roar. I'm thinking this is coming from the record, but no, it's the SF crowd showing their love for a true talent on the decks.

We wrap up our night by walking to my version of the after-party...the 24-hour Starbucks in Union Square. On the way we run into Damon Wayans long lost cousin who decided to make fart noises as we walked past. Nick and I both grabbed a photo and closed out the evening with a latte. More happenings from Nicks visit will come along shortly, as well as a photo gallery from that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home